- General Info
- Fun Stuff
- All FAQs
- About Us
Volunteer Appreciation Program
The InHome Conference is managed, directed, and run by volunteer staff consisting of a core planning committee, as well as on-site volunteers. With the continued growth of the Conference, it has become more and more apparent that we need to draw a little more heavily upon our participants in order to ensure InHome's ongoing success.
In other words, InHome needs your help to keep the conference viable and registration fees affordable.
In that spirit, InHome is asking all registered attendees, aged 16 and above (with the exception of Dedicated Chaperones and first-time families), to contribute one service hour to the conference as a condition of registration.
Attendees have the opportunity to volunteer additional hours if they choose. (see incentive program below).
Please note: Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age to have an assignment independent of an adult.
All volunteers earn points for hours beyond their registration requirement. Points are combined and awarded in the form of a voucher, which may be redeemed after the conference for reimbursement toward conference registration fees. Registered attendees may volunteer for as many hours as they like; however, points have no cash value. Points will be applied toward reimbursement of actual registration fees and then toward hotel room expense incurred during the conference, up to a maximum of $120 per night for two nights. Immediate family members may combine points. Please note: Dedicated Chaperones may not register for volunteer jobs, and may not earn volunteer points.
- One hour worked = 1 Point
- Attendee Workshop Presenter = 4 Points per workshop
- Attendee Workshop Volunteer = 1 Point per workshop
- 1 Point = $10 Reimbursement
You can also earn points by working as a pre-conference volunteer on one of our many committees, including Exhibit Hall, Registration, Workshops, and Volunteer.
HOW ARE POINTS REDEEMED?
- During the conference, check in at the Volunteer Table before and after your assignment.
- Ask for and sign your Point Voucher at the Volunteer Table.
- Fill out the reimbursement form you received in your registration packet. (Or print a new copy from the link below) Mail reimbursement form, along with corresponding receipts, to conference treasurer .
- Receive your reimbursement!
The Volunteer Appreciation Program is subject to change at the discretion of the HECF Board of Directors.